Here is a quick way to "get present", it allows one to turn a situation from undesirable to, (which requires being a victim to something) to one of appreciation (which turns everything into an experience we can learn from). ♥
1. Make a choice. Do you want to be "stuck" or do you want to change "it".
2. Close your eyes (logic takes a back seat)
3. Take a moment to breathe and put your hand on your heart. (This allows you to shift instantly from your head to your heart).
4. In that moment, know that you are ok.
5. Breathe and focus on your breathe. Re-focus your attention.
6. Now make yourself find 5 positive things that came from that experience.
7. Say "Thank You" for each one. Feel your body's energy shift. ♥
Unconscious = Not-present (Thoughts are in control)
Conscious = Present (Control thoughts through awareness)
Being conscious allows us to break "habit" thinking that no longer serves higher purpose.
The heart can instantly release blame, fear, anger, guilt, shame, etc. It can take you to a place of peace. You can choose to move "through" an experience and let it go. One must be present ... it cannot be done focused on "past" or "future" mentality.
Be kind to yourself and others. Allow flow, let it go. ♥
Those moments do not exist in THIS moment. All we have is THIS moment.